Thursday 3 January 2013

Happy New Year!

I know it has been an age since I posted last and I can only apologise. I haven't given up on you and I will be back again as often as I can but life here is completely topsy turvy. We managed to get my sister home for Christmas but her future plans are still in debate and I am working as hard as I can to produce a plan to give her a secure future that we are a part of. I can't say much more at the moment as things are still under court control and I don't want to put any plans in a compromising position - I know you will understand.

 I can however show you what a lovely Secret Santa parcel I received and say a huge thank you for the contents. Everything was me to a 'T' and I am so grateful for all the thought that went into it.

The yarn was my perfect colour and entitled withering bluebell it reflects just how I am feeling! The mittens will be keeping me warm on my early morning taxi service to the station - Lottie failed her driving test in December so I am still on active duty and I can't wait for her to take it again!
And finally and quick picture of my amazing Ted bear - he is still going strong and despite his various issues is a happy and loving doggie. Sadly his sister Della who lived with Dave's folks passed away on the 30th of December.
                                      

I promise to try and be a bit more active here in blog land but I have been really struggling with my energy levels recently - I guess that the prolonged lack of sleep has begun to take a permanent toll on me (16 months of getting up at 2am is quite a time) even the easiest of tasks is taking me longer to complete and some days it is all I can manage to keep going, my poor knitting has suffered dreadfully! At least the daylight hours will start to increase again and fingers crossed I will be perky again in no time.

Wishing you all a very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year, with much love  - Sarah

2 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

Good to hear from you again and that you havn't given up on Blogland.Allison hasn't been on for ages.Is she OK?I do hope things go well for your sister.It must be such a worry.I am sure you feel better with the longer days.I just hate these wet,grey days when it never gets properly light.Take care and keep us posted on developments(and knitting!)

busybusybeejay said...

I have nominated you for a Liebster award.see my blog.