Tuesday 9 November 2010

The trouble with cars!

Here we go again....

Yesterday was log day - 4 cubic meters to be exact delivered to our drive. Not usually a problem (this year we ordered double as we ran out last year) - hard work yes but problem no. Except that Dave's car was in the way of the garage doors and I store the logs stacked on pallets in the garage. But, and here it was - the battery has somehow gone flat on the car, being an automatic you can't push it and being such a big car I didn't want to ruin the small battery on my tiny smart car. The only solution was to have the logs tipped on the other side of the drive and move them from there. Hmm needless to say I got a full work out and some sore muscles this morning. I did however manage to cast off the scarf I was knitting and cast on for the lovely Amore shawl yesterday so will post pics tomorrow. Am off to light the fire with some of my new and now dry logs (I forgot to mention that it spent all afternoon raining as well). Hopefully will fix the car later in the week - who said being at home was easy?

2 comments:

busybusybeejay said...

A log fire !How great.We have an open chimney in the lounge and i am trying to persuade C that we should get the chimney swept and have fires but he isn't keen.

Anonymous said...

Ah how I envy you your log fire - how cosy it must be in the heart of Winter. Sadly we have no chimney so just have to put up with radiators :( It's just not the same knitting by a radiator ...